Read one the other day (there was nothing else to hand, I was in a rush and it was a long flight) and I just reconfirmed my belief that the things you can get from any such tome is very,very limited. Here is my summary business building advice
1. know your market - is it big enough to support a business
2. make sure your product is attractive to this market
3. get your price point right to make you attractive/make some money
4. work with good people
5. work your ass off and talk to anyone and everyone you can at any time
6. Repeat, review and enhance on points 1-5 above
is that worth £12.99?