My answer is a qualified Yes and No - and please remember this is based on an incredibly short period of time
- Q1 2008 was OME's most successful quarter in business by a long way- so thats rather good isnt it
- None of our clients have stopped recruiting - announced a recruitment freeze etc
- Our most recent launch (OME Search) is getting huge client interest
- Feb and March were not quite as active as January
- The extra campaigns from our clients are not as prevalent. So all our contract work is occurring but additional spend is absent
- The job boards seem to have been hurting in March and deadline deals were dramatically attractive to get something/anything signed off
- Our new business is not signing off as quickly as i would like (statement of obvious) - in my paranoid mind - is this a sign of caution/an unwillingness to commit
- the phones don't appear to be ringing as much
Am i worried? not particularly - its end of financial year - we are still growing and as we all know - even a mild downturn will make clients look really carefully at their costs/cost per hire and that is fabulous news for online in general and OnlineMediaExperts in particular.
So in a way - a potential scare like this could be the best thing to happen to us!